- Free Shipping Options Available
- Price Match On Most Items
- Manufacturer Direct
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Free Replacement Shipping
|Brand new & manufacturer direct|
|Guaranteed to work like new or your money back|
|Authorized Jackson Audio dealer|
|Limited lifetime warranty|
The Bloom from Jackson Audio is a comprehensive dynamic engine that is designed to give guitarists maximum dynamic tonal control in ways never before possible.
A three-fold device, the Bloom manipulates the dynamics of the instrument by way of precisely tuned compression, equalization, boost and sustain circuits which can be activated separately or in tandem with each other.
Keep reading below for more information about the BLOOM!
Acts as a master volume for the primary compressor section. Changes to the COMP and BLEND knob will typically necessitate a change to the Volume control to keep the overall level the same.
Allows you to blend in your clean uncompressed signal with the compressed signal. Full counter-clockwise is full compression. Fully clockwise is full clean signal. TIP! Try running your COMP knob full up and use the BLEND control to adjust the intensity of the compression. Doing this will allow the attack of your note to feel normal while adding sustain to the back end of the note.
Turn clockwise for more compression. Balance this with the BLEND and VOLUME control.
The 12:00 position is totally flat with +/-12dB boost/cut on either side of center. When the EQ is activated, and this control is turned, you will notice that the EQ led will change color to reflect the balance of the BASS, MIDDLE and TREBLE controls. The BASS control will add/subtract the color RED as it is turned.
The 12:00 position is totally flat with +/-12dB boost/cut on either side of center. The mid frequency is centered around 660hz. When the EQ is activated, and this control is turned, you will notice that the EQ led will change color to reflect the balance of the BASS, MIDDLE and TREBLE control. The MIDDLE control will add/subtract the color GREEN as it is turned.
The 12:00 position is totally flat with +/-12dB boost/cut on either side of center. When the EQ is activated, and this control is turned, you will notice that the EQ led will change color to reflect the balance of the BASS, MIDDLE and TREBLE controls. The TREBLE control will add/subtract the color BLUE as it is turned.
Sets the amount of boost when the BLOOM footswitch is engaged. Also is used to set the Bloom fade time when in Program Fade mode. When the Bloom is activated, turning the BLOOM control will change the BLOOM led to indicate the amount of boost present.
To activate/deactivate the compressor circuit simply press the COMP footswitch. To select a compression preset, press and hold the COMP footswitch for more than 1 second and compression program mode will become active. When in this mode, the COMP led will flash to indicate that you are in program mode. A quick tap on the COMP footswitch will cycle the compression presets and you’ll be able to hear these preset changes as you cycle through them assuming that the compression circuit was active when compression program mode was entered. Once you arrive at a compression preset that you want to use, press and hold the COMP footswitch for more than 1 second and compression program mode will exit.
Note. When compression mode is exited, the selected compression preset is written to the internal EEPROM on the microprocessor and that will become your default compression setting when the compressor is engaged.
To activate the Boost feature of the Bloom simply press the BLOOM footswitch. To activate the Bloom feature (slow fade up to boost level) press and hold the BLOOM footswitch for more than 1 second. The inverse is also true. To fade down from a boost setting, press and hold the BLOOM footswitch for more than 1 second.
To set the period of time that it takes the Bloom feature to reach the set level of boost, press and hold both the COMP and BLOOM footswitches simultaneously for more than 1 second and ramp program mode will become active. When in this mode, the BLOOM led will slowly fade from off to full brightness at a regular interval with the BLOOM knob setting the duration of that interval. The fade time is as quick as 1 second at the full counter clockwise position of the BLOOM knob to as much as 5 seconds at the full clockwise position of the BLOOM knob. To save this setting, press and hold both the COMP and BLOOM footswitches simultaneously for more than 1 second and ramp program mode will exit.
Compression Circuit Features
- Transparent Optical (LA-2A style) limiting circuit with huge dynamic range.
- Dual Compressors for the ultimate slide tone.
- Blend control that allows the player to blend in their clean (uncompressed) tone with their compressed tone.
- Six instant access presets with the following settings:Side Chain jack/loop that allows an external source (click track etc) to trigger compression. Side Chain loop can also be used with an external effect (an EQ for example) to tailor the response of the compression.
- Preset 1: Limit Mode. Ultra fast attack (2.5ms) that clamps any signal and acts as a limiter.
- Preset 2: Country Mode. Fast attack (7.5ms) that is perfectly timed for chicken picking or modern country.
- Preset 3: R&B Mode. Medium attack (50ms)
- Preset 4: Ballad Mode. Slow attack (120ms) setting
- Preset 5: Slide Mode aka ‘Joey’ Mode. Adds an additional internal compression stage in series before the primary compressor. Allows for nearly endless sustain on clean guitar parts ala Lowell George from Little Feat.
- Preset 6: Aux Compressor. The aux compressor is the internal compressor circuit that is used in Preset 5. There are two trimmers located on the side of the pedal that allow the user to adjust the COMP and VOLUME for this additional compression stage.
Equalizer Circuit Features
- Studio-grade EQ with High Bandwidth and Flat Response at 12:00
- +/- 12dB Boost/Cut per control
- Center Detents on the pots that make it easier to get back to a neutral or flat response.
Bloom Circuit Features
- 0-20dB Boost Available (quick press on Bloom footswitch)
- 0-20dB Bloom Available (long press on Bloom footswitch)
- True Boost Circuit. A fully counterclockwise position is unity level.
- Totally flat EQ down to sub-audio frequencies.
- Programmable Ramp Up/Down Time.