Hollywood Racks HR1400Z Sport Rider 4 Bike 2" Hitch Foldable Heavy Duty Bike Rack New
- Manufacturer: Hollywood Racks
- SKU: HR1400Z
- Free Shipping Options Available
- Price Match On Most Items
- Manufacturer Direct
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Free Replacement Shipping
|Brand new in box|
|Manufacturer direct shipping from CA|
|Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty|
|Authorized Hollywood Racks dealer|
Transport your rides and save your back, too, with Hollywood's Sport Rider rack that carries up to four bicycles. Simply set any bike into the wheel holders (that are nice and low for easy bike mounting), then slide the padded universal clamp over the frames to secure the bikes. This great rack also includes Hollywood's No-Wobble system that prevents rack sway and holds your bikes steady even when the road is less than ideal. For even more convenience, the Sport Rider is designed as a 2+2, so you can use it as either a 4-bike or 2-bike rack. And, it folds down when not in use for easy transport, storage, and cargo door access.
- Foldable Bike Rack
- User Manual
- Hitch-mounted, platform-style rack carries up to 4 bikes on the back of your vehicle
- Front 2 bike positions can be easily removed if you only need to carry 2 bikes
- Versatile design fits most bikes regardless of frame design, suspension, or brake style
- Ratcheting hooks on center mast hold bikes securely by the frame
- Cushioned hooks protect your bike's finish
- Adjustable wheel cradles make it easy to load bikes
- Wheel cradles slide along bike tray and secure with hand knobs
- Hook-and-loop straps (similar to Velcro) secure wheels to cradles
- 2 Quick-release spring pins allow rack to tilt and fold
- Lower pin tilts rack down, with or without bikes loaded, for access to rear cargo area
- Top pin folds rack up for storage
- Anti-rattle handle reduces movement of rack in hitch receiver
- Turn handle on front of base unit to tighten shank to receiver tube - no tools required
- Keyed-alike hitch lock and frame hooks secure rack to vehicle and bikes to rack
- Cargo basket accessory (HR1485 - sold separately) lets you carry 2 bikes and 100 lbs of gear
- Security cable wraps through bike frames and attaches to hitch pin to help deter theft
- Durable steel construction with black powder coat finish resists rust
- Application: 2" x 2" trailer hitch receivers
- Carrying capacity: 4 bicycles
- Weight capacity: 50 lbs per bike
- Maximum tire width: 3"
- Maximum wheelbase: 60"
- Shank rise: 7"
- Distance from face of hitch to:
- Closest part of rack when folded down: 7-1/2"
- Closest part of rack when folded up: 5"
- Farthest part of rack when folded down: 46"
- Farthest part of rack when folded up: 16-1/4"
- Carrier weight:
- As a 4-bike rack: 81 lbs
- As a 2-bike rack: 51 lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Sport Rider Special Edition platform-style hitch bike rack makes it simple to carry up to 4 bikes on the rear of your vehicle. This versatile rack is easy to use, and it features locking frame hooks and adjustable wheel trays so you can quickly load and unload your bikes. A locking hitch pin with an anti-rattle system tightens the rack's shank to your hitch receiver to prevent it from rattling around inside the receiver.
The Sport Rider SE consists of a two-bike base unit and a removable two-bike extension unit, allowing you to use the carrier as either a two- or four-bike rack. The 2 pieces make the rack easy to handle and install because you can slide the base into your hitch and secure it before adding the extension. A locking hitch pin with an anti-rattle system tightens the rack's shank to your hitch receiver to prevent it from rattling around inside the receiver.
Locking, Ratcheting Hooks
Constructed of rugged steel with a sleek black powder coat finish, the Sport Rider SE uses locking frame hooks to secure your bikes. The ratcheting hooks are easily adjusted along the vertical mast and lock securely in place. The push buttons allow the hooks to slide up the ratcheting system to allow for bike removal. The lock cores keep the hooks from being moved up or down on the mast to deter theft. The hooks are different sizes and each one functions independently, meaning the rack can carry 4 bikes of the same or different heights.
Adjustable Wheel Holders
The wheel holders accommodate bicycles with wheelbases up to 60", and you can adjust the wheel hoops by sliding them along the horizontal arms. They are secured in place with hand knobs. Velcro-like hook-and-loop straps secure your bike's wheels to the holders.
If you want to carry a fat bike on the Sport Rider SE, you can replace the rack's wheel trays with specifically-designed fat bike cradles (HRSPRWH-F-HD - sold separately).
Folding, Tilting Design
The rack tilts, with or without bikes loaded, for easy access to your vehicle's rear cargo area. Simply remove the pivot pin, pull the bottom quick-release spring pin, and lower the rack.
The rack also folds up against the back of your vehicle when it's not in use. To raise the rack, just pull the upper quick-release spring pin and lift.
Easy Installation with Locking Hitch Pin
The Sport Rider SE easily installs in your hitch with the included locking hitch pin. Just slide the shank into your receiver and insert the hitch pin. The frame hook locks and the hitch locks are conveniently keyed alike.
An integrated anti-wobble handle on the front of the base unit tightens the rack's shank to your hitch receiver to prevent it from rattling around inside the receiver. You don't need to pull out a wrench every time you install the rack on your hitch - just turn the easy-to-access handle to keep the rack from rattling. A second lever secures the two-bike extension to the base of the rack.
The included 8' long cable attaches to the hitch pin to help secure 2 bikes to Sport Rider rack. The extension cable can be added to the 8' cable to help secure 4 bikes to the rack.
If you want to carry both 2 bikes and extra gear, an add-on cargo basket (HR1485 - sold separately) is available.
If you want to use the rack to transport a kid's bike with 16" or 18" wheels, wheel hoop adapters (HRSW-ADP-2 - sold separately) are available.
If you want to transport one recumbent delta trike or one recumbent tadpole-style trike with the Sport Rider SE, you can use the HRTRK-ADP adapter (sold separately). Or if you want to transport one standard bike and either one recumbent delta trike, one recumbent tadpole-style trike, or one adult trike, then you can use the HRTRK-ADP-2 adapter (sold separately).
Note: The trike adapters can only be used with the Sport Rider SE's two-bike base unit.
Pay over time
Clear, transparent terms. Fair rates. No prepayment penalties.
We provide easy and affordable financing through our partner, Bread, so you can pay for your purchase over time.
Affordable Monthly Plans
Pay for your order over 12, 18, or 24 months at competitive interest rates*.
No Prepayment Penalties
Pay for your purchase with monthly payments and prepay at any time without penalty.
Quick and Easy Application
Get a decision in seconds with no obligation to buy.