I had initially reviewed this and wrote and decided it deserved another due to some misunderstandings on my part.
Here's what I like about the unit:
- The dehumidifier option this is a very good option in humid climates like NY for making the room more comfortable
- The unit is pretty quiet. I was concerned about sound vibration through the floor and this isn't an issue
- The A/C by all accounts does almost if not equally well to my window unit with the same btu rating
Here's some things I'm not as crazy about:
- the manual was not well written. So figuring out how the window pieces fit together and how to manage the drainage hole was a little difficult
- the window piece to close the gap comes in 3 fitting sections depending on the size of your window. It many cases this requires actually cutting the plastic. This seems a bit odd. Most A/C units use an plastic "accordian" type of closure.
advisement. Use the upper drainage hole. The lower drainage hole will not have room to properly drain the unit out because the long hose will be positioned against gravity