Swisher ESP SR114X84G 20-Person Business Capacity with Wheel Chair Accessibility Safety Shelter New
This item ships for free. Freight shipments include liftgate at no additional charge.
Sign up for restock notifications!
Wheelchair Accessible ESP (Emergency - Security - Preparedness) Safety Shelters (ABOVE GROUND ONLY) offer the ultimate in multi-purpose protection and security for you and loved ones against violent acts of nature and multiple threats posed by man. "Made in the USA" ESP Safety Shelters will withstand the most extreme tornado activity and offer a "safe zone" against home invasions. It is preferable for the shelter to be installed within the interior of a residence. If you choose to install it outdoors, it must be within 150 feet of the residence it is intended to serve and must be protected from all external weather conditions. This shelter is not waterproof. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has undergone and passed testing at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University. The testing is the primary component of receiving certification by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA). The ESP Shelter has been tested and withstood a total of 9 impacts from 15 lb. 2x4's traveling at 100 mph. These impacts are equivalent to the force produced by an F5 tornado with 250 mph winds. In addition, it meets or exceeds all requirements put forth by NSSA, FEMA 320 and ICC-500 standards. Each ESP Safety Shelter is certified by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA). Each ESP Safety Shelter will meet or exceed all ***FEMA P320/P361 and ICC-500 Code requirements*** when all installation guidelines are met (step-by-step installation checklist is provided with each ESP Safety Shelter).
5 year factory warranty
Brand new in box
Ships directly from Swisher out of MO
Authorized Swisher dealer
- Provides near absolute protection from EF5 tornado strikes.
- Provides a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Acts as vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. (Not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.)
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used are critical aspects of any storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a unique sliding reinforced steel door that eliminates problems commonly associated with inward and outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A Security Grade Deadbolt holds the latch bar into the locked position and keeps the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP Safety Shelter’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants remove this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Safety Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position, the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow.
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Benches, shelving, built-in gun racks, and emergency kits are also available.
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 year limited|
|External Dimensions (L x W x H)||117" x 87" x 78"|
|Internal Dimensions (L x W x H)||110" x 80" x 76"|
|Wheelchair Accessible Door Opening||37.5"|
This item comes with a 5 year limited warranty